Well it’s Valentines Day tomorrow.
It’s never really a huge day at my place. Usually a card exchange and a small gift 🙂 We all know the old saying…the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Well quite frankly I think this is also true for women. I mean I love good food and if a man can cook it for me, then that’s a winner right there!!
Weight Watchers have some great recipes which are perfect for Valentines Day. I have picked two below that are sure to impress your Valentine.
For more information about Weight Watchers visit www.weightwatchers.com.au
Baked Apple Tartlets
3 ProPoints value per serve | Serves 2 | Prep 20 mins | Cooking time 50 mins
- 50g reduced-fat shortcrust pastry (1/2 sheet, 40g trimmed), just thawed
- 3 small apples, granny-smith, unpeeled, raw
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp gound cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp apricot jam, warmed and strained
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly spray two 2.5cm-deep, 8.5cm x 7.5cm heart shaped tins with oil. Line the base and side of the tins with pastry and trim to fit. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, peel, core and coarsely chop two apples. Place in a medium bowl with the sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice and toss to combine. Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until very soft. Transfer to a small bowl and mash until almost smooth,
- Peel, core and thinly slice the remaining apple. Place half of the mashed apple mixture in the base of each of the tart cases. Top with the sliced apple. Bake for 30 minutes or until the apple is tender and the tart cases are cooked. Brush with the jam. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
Coconut Lime Mini Cupcakes
3 ProPoints value per cupcakes | Serves 16 | Prep 25 mins | Cooking time 15 mins
- 50g Weight Watchers Canola Spread
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (110g)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp lime rind, grated
- 2tbs desiccated coconut
- 2tbs skim milk
- 1 cup white self-raising flour (150g)
- 80g light cream cheese
- 1tbs icing sugar (12g)
- 12g coconut flesh, young or immature fruit
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced. Line 16 holes of a 24 hole (2tbs/40ml capacity) mini muffin tin with 4cm base, 2cm high paper cases.
- Using electric beaters, beat spread and caster sugar in a medium bowl until light and creamy. Beat in egg, then stir in lime juice, rind, dessicated coconut, skim milk and flour. Spoon mixture into paper cases and bake for 15 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make icing, beat cream cheese and icing sugar with electric beaters in a small bowl until light and creamy. Spread cupcakes with a teaspoon of cream cream mixture then top with shredded coconut.
TIP: You can freeze un-iced cupcakes in a plastic bag or an airtight container for up to one month. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
I have 5 Weight Watchers Cookbooks to giveaway.
Competition is now closed. Congrats to the lucky winners:
- Dawn Malone
- Michelle Gray
- Em Lawes
To enter tell me what Valentines Day means to you?
Leave your comment below, competition closes 23 Feb 2015.