Two Dyson engineered cleaner heads. One machine.
Ever since I got my first Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner I was converted. Never had I been in awe of an appliance like I was with the Dyson. It was a little weird that a vacuum cleaner could make me so happy, but it did – it was (and still is) awesome. A few people would comment that the Dyson was too expensive and while they are on the pricier side I believe they are worth every cent. Dyson take their work very seriously, they have over 1500 scientists and engineers developing new technology globally and there are 434 patents and patent applications worldwide relating to the technology used in the new Dyson V6 Absolute vacuum cleaner, including patents relating to Dyson digital motors. So this isn’t some bodge cleaner, a lot of work and trials have gone into making the V6 Absolute (what I think) is the best vacuum cleaner around.
I won’t lie, being asked to trial and review the Dyson V6 Absolute was a very exciting proposition. I kind of knew it would be good, but just how good and what made it different from my old Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner? I did a little video that shows my filthy carpet stairs, unfortunately the V6 Absolute won’t fix the 15 year old carpet which is very worn and has a few stains, but it certainly removed everything else. You just need to look at what it sucks up!
I also vacuumed the big family area which carpeted and have the before and after shot below. On the before shot you may notice where my five year old spilt a pile of pepitas from the snack mix he was eating. It’s difficult to truly show how good the carpets have come up but you only have to see the filth in the bin (see below) to realise how much gunk has been vacuumed up.
To give you a better idea of how much stuff was vacuumed up. I have only charged this V6 Absolute once since I received it (a full charge gives you approx 16-20 minutes of vacuuming) The bin below is from vacuuming the two stairs in the video above and the family area in the photo above. I think my husband also used it to vacuum a small area of the kids room where a container had fallen over that had some dirt and pencil shavings in it. And THIS is what the V6 sucked up after using it for the first time….
And yes you shouldn’t let it get this full but I didn’t even realise this much had been sucked up. The bin is easy to empty you just push that red lever (on the right) down and the bottom opens.
Ok so what’s in the box when you open up your Dyson V6 Absolute vacuum cleaner.
The big difference with the Dyson V6 Absolute is the inclusion of two cleaner heads. One is for carpet and the other for wooden/tiled floors (soft roller cleaner head). There is a variety of attachments to make vacuuming tricky spots easier and a wall mount for storage and a charging cord.
The Dyson V6 Absolute is very light, only 2.2 kg so this is perfect for when you need to vacuum away those cobwebs in the roof corners or when cleaning the blinds – it’s like a magic wand! The Dyson V6 Absolute cleaner heads have been cleverly designed to pick up big things like cereal (or pepitas) without losing suction which is needed to pick up fine dust.
V6 Absolute features:
- Soft roller cleaner head: A soft roller cleaner head engineered to suck up both large dirt and fine dust simultaneously. Powerful cleaning without scratching.
- 75% more brush power: A second cleaner head features a direct-drive motor that creates 75% more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 vacuum to better agitate carpet pile and tackle ground-in spills and stains.
- Easy to push: A large, soft roller and increased versatility from a re-designed neck enables smooth movement across floor types.
- Dyson digital motor V6: The latest Dyson digital motor gives V6 Absolute the most powerful suction of any cordless vacuum.
- 2 Tier Radial™ Cyclone Technology: Flings dust out of the air and into the bin, separating out even the most microscopic particles.
- Handheld conversion: The wand can be easily removed and tools attached directly to the cyclone pack for cleaning stairs, couches, mattress and car interiors.
- Run-time: This machine will run for 20 minutes, 16 with the motorized cleaner head and for 6 minutes on boost mode.
- Hygienic bin emptying: Just push the red button to release the dirt directly into the bin.
- Weight: 2.2 kg.
- Warranty: 2 year parts and labor warranty.
- Energy Star Rating: The machine’s battery charger has qualified for the Energy Star rating, due to its energy efficiency.
- Price: $899.99
It’s a ten out of ten from me.
The Dyson V6 Absolute is a well engineered piece of awesomeness! At $899 it’s worth every cent and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a powerful, compact and versatile vacuum cleaner. For more information about the V6 Absolute and Dyson visit their website.
Keeping it real: I received a Dyson V6 Absolute to facilitate this review however the opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own, and I yes I genuinely think the V6 is awesome – none paid me to say that.